Singer Ayra Starr’s sister, Salt, has sparked reactions after saying she would control a man if she dated someone she was financially richer than.
Speaking on the Wahala Podcast, Salt was asked whether she would date a man she is richer than. She replied: “I will control him o.”
When asked if she meant it literally, she said she knew herself well enough to believe she would take control because of the financial difference.
Salt also said women should be free to choose partners based on their personal preferences, but maintained that even if she were richer, she would still expect her partner to provide in the relationship.
“Honestly, everybody have their preference to be honest. Even though I am richer, he will still be providing,” she said.
She added that she would keep her wealth private from her partner, saying: “He wouldn’t even know I have a lot of money because I will not make him know that.”
Her comments have since generated discussion online about financial differences, gender roles and expectations in relationships.
“If I date a man who i am richer than, I’ll control him. But even if I’m richer, he’ll still be providing, and I won’t let him know I have a lot of money.”
—Salt (Ayra Starr’s sister) pic.twitter.com/aNHXSDUdAF
— carter🌚 (@carter8f) August 27, 2026
- WEBSITE DESIGN
- VIBE CODING & TRAINING
- COMPANY REGISTRATION WITH CAC
- AI GRAPHIC DESIGN
- INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT APPLICATION
- MUSIC PROMOTION
- DIGITAL MARKETING
0 Comments